Friday, September 5, 2008

Obama in Duryea

http://www.cspan.org/

If you scroll down to the Recent Program section there is a link to watch the video of Barack's speech in Duryea. It was a private event. People in attendance where volunteers, elected officials, and plant workers. I lead the Pledge of Allegiance for the event and sat in the front row to the left side. At the very end of the video you can see me when Barack comes over to shake our hands. I'm wearing a yellow dress shirt and at the end I face towards the camera because I am talking to the gentleman next to me. It was a fantastic speech and I felt he did well.

It is something else to standing next to someone like Barack Obama who can be the next president and especially to have shook his hand twice.

On the personal side I apologize for the lack of attention to my blog and the others. Don't worry will try to comment and post as much as I can. College is going very well, but it is also very demanding. I haven't had the time to update as regularly as I would like. I will do my best to have at least one new update for the week. Ideally every few days. I hope everyone else is doing well.

1 comment:

Gort said...

I know how you feel. I've met a few Prez candidates and it's special.

When I was 15 I got to spend the day with the next President of the USA, Jimmy Carter, during the 1976 PA primary.

Thanks for the great report.