Saturday, July 26, 2008

What I Overheard At the McCain Townhall

After John McCain left the stage to go down in the pit to shake some hands my grandfather and I tried to get up there. My grandfather, who supports McCain, wanted to try and get in there. While we were trying to get through the crowd I overheard a conversation between two people. I need to stress that what I'm reporting is not a direct quote. It is a paraphrase. I do not explicit remember what was said, but I remember the substance of what was said.

"He knows nothing about economics. He knew nothing about economic theory."

I thought the man was speaking about John McCain. I figured it was someone who wasn't won over. Soon I found out that it wasn't about McCain.

"You shouldn't ask a stupid question like that. We should really screen the people that come in here that are going to ask questions and waste time asking stupid ones."

I turned around and they were two young men in their 20s. They also had around their necks credentials identifying them as John McCain volunteers.

The "stupid question" was from a man who asked a question to McCain concerning the gas tax holiday. It was the only economic question asked. Others were about the war, education, the draft, and Israel.

It is rather shameful for two of McCain's volunteers to be openly insulting questioners. Maybe the McCain campaign should screen their volunteers for class and respect.

Some of the people who went to the McCain townhall were utterly disrespectful people. From the shouting of insults and "get a job" to protesters, to this volunteer's arrogant disparaging remarks about a person who asked a question.

Stay classy GOP.

3 comments:

Big Dan said...

The GOP is blantanly for the extremely rich and well-off and well-connected, and continually shit on middleclass & poor Americans.

NEPAConservative said...

Good one Big D...A few jackasses are having a private conversation and now all republicans are for the rich. zzzz I've been hearing that BS for years. Your Democrats are just as big if not bigger capitalists, stepping on the throats of the middle class. They prove this by not doing ANYTHING about the economy for the last 2 years. Last I checked nothing about gas either.

Extremely rich and well-off and well-connected..Sounds like your getting us confused with Luzerne county Democrats.

Find some new lines please. We aren't taking candy from children anymore.

NoBama 08 !!!

Hey Jedi, no pictures ?

Tony Thomas said...

There are some pictures they are towards the bottom. Most of them are of the protesters.