Saturday, June 28, 2008

Melissa Etheridge

Last night I went and saw Melissa Etheridge at the F.M. Kirby Center. Going in I was not that familiar with Melissa's music. I just knew a few songs. I liked her music enough to not pass up a chance seeing her live.

It started a few minutes past eight and it ended around 11. Wow.

Her performance was absolutely amazing. She played roughly a 3 hour set pretty much straight. The only breaks were for drinking water on stage, talking to the audience, and a few minutes at the end before she put on her encore where she played two extra songs.

The first song was one she said she only wrote to perform live and the other song was an amazing and powerful rendition of "Like The Way I Do". The performance of that song must've been at least seven minutes long.

Her band was excellent as well. I love how for a lot of the songs such as "Like the Way I Do" and "Bring Me Some Water" they would go off into intense jam sessions.

There was so much energy on that stage.

I'd have to say I loved the concert.

No comments: