Saturday, October 4, 2008

OJ Found Guilty

O.J. Simpson was found guilty of armed robbery and kidnapping here late Friday, 13 years to the day after the American football legend was acquitted of murdering his ex-wife and her friend.

He faces 15 years up to life in prison.

Like a good number of people I do believe that he got away with murder. At least now he will not be a free man.

I remember thirteen years ago when he was acquitted. I was six years old. It was my birthday. I remember playing with a Matchbox car set that my parents gave me for my birthday. My mom was watching the trial on TV. I still remember when they came out and acquitted him. I still recall how upset my mother was. She immediately got on the phone with either my dad or my grandmother and was talking about how wrong this all was.

And just a few hours ago when we all found out that he was found guilty on multiple charges of kidnapping and armed robbery, we all breathed a sigh of relief.

No comments: